[SNMP4J] Notification filtering

Matthias Wiesmann matthias.wiesmann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 02:14:20 CET 2006

Hello Jack,

thanks for the answer, I think your solution is dangerous, because it
matches also filters with have the same prefix.

We are searching for 1.2.3.4

You set the search range to 1.2.3.4 - 1.2.3.5

This will match 1.2.3.4, but also 1.2.3.4.5.6

I think in the first case (finding the profile) the filtering should
be done to search in the range 1.2.3.4 - 1.2.3.4.1, that is using the
strict lexicographic successor. Using the next peer OID will be useful
for searching for the actual filter (because we want a range).

I'm working on a solution (with clean methods in the OID class), and
hope to be able to send it later today.

Cheers

Matthias