[SNMP4J] Need Help

Vaibhav Rane vaibhavrane at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:50:06 CET 2006

Hello Guys,

                I am trying to learn the SNMP api ...... i have written a
simple code which throws the following exception when executed.

org.snmp4j.transport.UnsupportedAddressClassException: Unsupported address
class (transport mapping): org.snmp4j.smi.IpAddress

I refered the docs and found out that the target exception is not supported
by the entity to send the message.

My first question is .... can i get a link where the basic logic of the api
can be learned.
Second question .....  how can i solve the above problem ... :)

Thank You very much in advance for any kind of support extended.

Regards,
Vaibhav