[SNMP4J] Callback style get API for rows/scalars in agent?

Martin Carlsson martin.carlsson at transmode.se
Thu Feb 16 09:54:12 CET 2006

Thanks!
The case I was thinking of was where you want only dynamically generated
values, when registering rows would be to messy, e.g. when the data
going in to the table is updated by another application out of your
control.
Now if it is a table internal to the agent, like targetAddrs the current
implementation works fine.

A listener(s) on the MoServer that would let you decide wether do
re-register new values or return a dynamically generated value would
probably solve the problem nicely. This would also let you implement
different caching schemes. A similar "listenable" MoTableModel/MoScalar
might not be too bad either.

/M