[SNMP4J] Performance with Java 1.4.2

Nocelo, Eva eva.nocelo at hp.com
Tue Jan 3 12:15:08 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm using SNMP4J in a project I'm working in at the moment. The
application communicates with a printer by creating a pool of threads of
22 threads to send 22 GET messages "simultaneously". I'm testing it with
two different Java versions, 1.4 and 1.5. For 1.5, the application works
fine but for 1.4 the performance gets worse and the application hangs.
Monitoring the PC's resources, I can see there are several java threads
that are not being killed after receiving their response. Can anybody
tell me why it is happening??

Thanks in advance,

Eva