[SNMP4J] How to remove rows in snmpTargetAddrTable from within the agent?

Muralidharan Narayanan murali at TriveniDigital.com
Wed Jan 18 17:28:49 CET 2006

Martin,

This was an issue I faced as well. I was also interested in configuring the
SNMP managers (trap receivers) from the agent I had implemented. I was able
to add IP addresses of trap receivers but unable to remove them from the
internal SNMPAgent library. Frank (author) also acknowledged in past email
about the inability to remove trap receivers from the configurable agent.
However, he has promised to include in first beta release of SNMPAgent
library methods for removing trap receivers as well. I guess we have to hold
tight until then.
The work around I have used till beta release is available is to restart the
agent and that way the new refreshed list of trap receivers will be used. I
know this restarting procedure may not work for many cases. If you have
other workarounds that work for now, please let me know.

Frank can add more to this, if any, to help us here.

Murali