[SNMP4J] "Strange" GET Behaviour with OIDs

Marco.Bresciani at alcatel.it Marco.Bresciani at alcatel.it
Thu Jan 19 10:03:56 CET 2006

Frank Fock <fock at agentpp.com>
18/01/2006 20.05

        To:     Marco BRESCIANI/IT/ALCATEL at ALCATEL
        cc:     snmp4j at agentpp.org
        Subject:        Re: [SNMP4J] "Strange" GET Behaviour with OIDs
>It seems that your agent is not fully standard conform. If
>1.3.6.1.4.1.637.54.1.1.8.1.5.1.2.3 is a scalar, then the
>trailing .0 is a requirement and an agent should return
>a noSuchInstance error when receiving a request on
>such an OID.

Yes, that's right. And it does... I mean. Using my code, if I do not add
the ".0" the MIB gives me "noSuchInstance" but using the command line tool
I have the value anyway. :-)

>Your SET request probably failed because you did not
>used the appropriate community string (for write access).

Thank you... I'm analysing the SET problem and it probably due to some
other factors such as a low-level security service between an
authenticated IP and the device MIB that I'm trying to SET.

Marco

Marco