[SNMP4J] "BITS" type in SMIv2

Alastair Hewitt alastair.hewitt at augursystems.com
Tue Jul 18 23:08:46 CEST 2006

There is a new datatype "BITS" in SMIv2 described as "An enumeration of
nonnegative named bits".

 From what I can tell, SNMP4J does not handle this type.  Without
digging too deep into the code, will a trap containing a variable
binding of this type get ignored or cause an exception?  I've looked a
little bit at what it would take to add this type and it doesn't look
too difficult, but wanted to know if this was on the radar for a future
release?

Any other info about BITS support would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alastair