[SNMP4J] "BITS" type in SMIv2

Alastair Hewitt alastair.hewitt at augursystems.com
Wed Jul 19 20:58:26 CEST 2006

Thanks Frank, just one last question...

In my application, I may not have a MIB and so don't know what syntax
type I'm receiving (from the OID).  I need to convert the OctetString
into either text (if it is DisplayString) or a radix 2 number (if it is
BITS).  When I get a variable binding from a trap, will the Variable
getSyntax method return 4 (OctetString) in both cases?

Many thanks,

Alastair