[SNMP4J] Processing Traps

Stefan M smu.23 at web.de
Thu Jun 15 11:34:42 CEST 2006

Hello Frank,

I have a second question about receiving traps: Given that I have a lot
of snmp agents that are able to send traps, my program must be able to
handle (NumberOfAgents * X) traps. On the other hand, the code to handle
an incoming trap is quite long and takes time to execute.

My question here is: Does it make sense to store the incoming traps in a
queue or is this already done by snmp4j, a buffer of my network card or
somewhere else? In other words: When the
processPdu(CommandResponderEvent event) function is executed
synchronously it can not react on other incomming PDUs right? If there
is no such buffer, traps are lost.

best regards,

Stefan