[SNMP4J] Shared Snmp-object

Fabian Nart fabian.nart at ergon.ch
Mon Mar 13 12:42:39 CET 2006

Hi Frank

I'm working on a management system that queries snmp-agents for
different purposes such as read status information, reboot devices etc.
I use snmp4j for it and it does a great job. So far, I've created a new
Snmp-object for each request which is surely not a good idea to do. Now
I'm wondering how to keep the system tiny and I thought of the following
solution:

Hold a singleton Snmp-object and use it for any Snmp-request that
occures in the multithreaded system. Is this a good idea? Is the Snmp
class multithreaded?

Thanks for comments
Fabian