[SNMP4J] Writing a simple SNMP agent...

Bruno Tessier btessier at nakinasystems.com
Tue Mar 28 19:27:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

I would like to write a very simple SNMP agent, that responds to GET and
GET-NEXT requests, and that will send traps.  Basically, my agent will
be sort of an interface between an SNMP manager and our database.  I am
assuming that the hard part will be trying to figure out how to map the
incoming OID to an object in our database, and that SNMP4J does have
some classes that handle the SNMP overhead.

Are there any good examples somewhere on how to handle GET/GET-NEXT
requests, and on sending traps, using SNMP4J?

I have seen a few code snippets in the archive, and from what I could
see, writing an SNMP agent, using SNMP4J, starts by implementing
CommandResponder or extending CommandProcessor, is that right?

Thanks,
Bruno