[SNMP4J] DefaultUdpTransportMapping and Threads

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Tue May 2 23:26:52 CEST 2006

Hi Stefan,

The recommended approach is to share the Snmp and
the transport mapping instance for all requests.
UDP is *not* connection oriented. Thus, you can
(and should) use a single transport mapping for
many targets.

I think I will dedicate a chapter in my yet to
write SNMP4J book for this subject ;-). It is
really a FAQ.

Never mind, I hope my tip helps anyway!