[SNMP4J] AgenPro 2.1.4 is SIMv2 compliant?

Jiang bearie66 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 06:26:59 CEST 2006

Dear Frank,

I have one mib file contains one portation like:

        coldstart NOTIFICATION-TYPE
            OBJECTS        { severity, timestamp }
            STATUS        mandatory
            DESCRIPTION
                    "A coldStart trap signifies that the system has been
started"
            ::= { events 1 }

But when trying to compile in AgenPro2, it kept complaining that:

[1000] Syntax error: Encountered: "convertercoldstart NOTIFICATION-TYPE" at
line 136, column 17:
Was expecting one of:
  <LOWERCASENAME> "OBJECT-TYPE" ...
  <LOWERCASENAME> "TRAP-TYPE" ...
  <UPPERCASENAME> ...
  <LOWERCASENAME> <OID> ...
  "Gauge32" ...
  "Unsigned32" ...
  "UInteger32" ...
  "Integer32" ...
  "Counter64" ...
  "Counter32" ...
  .

I took a look at the SNMPv2-SMI-rfc2528.txt file located in
~/agenpro2\mibs\ietf\SMIv2/, and found that micro definitions have been
removed since "they are not SMI". Does that mean AgenPro2 is no longer SMIv2
compliant? And how can I overcome this? Thanks!

Jiang Lei