[SNMP4J] Method of synchronizing with Remote agent wrt to engine Boots and engine Time

krishna kukunuri radhakrishna_57 at yahoo.co.in
Sat May 27 16:03:24 CEST 2006

Hi ,
  I have been trying to communicate with SNMPV3 agent under various secure modes.Though I can successfully do this , I am really interested in knowing the internals or the method of storing the information about the remote engine Id,remote engine Boots,remote engine time etc.
   It may be the case that the api holds this information internally as objects.But I am truly unaware  of those details.SO can someone please provide me these details with some sample code that can extract the engine Boots,engine time from the Response PDU, that I get from the target agent after the first discover  communication.
  Also please put forth some suggestions for an efficient way of synchronising with the remote agent.My idea is like to have this remote engine  timings stored in a repository so that i use these details for subsequent communication with that agent again in the future.But I also suspect if  this is a good practise.Please give me a clue on this.

  Thanks in advance.
  Radha Krishna