[SNMP4J] Snmp instance Threading

Paris Apostolopoulos papo at antcor.com
Tue Nov 14 16:03:57 CET 2006

Hi again and I am sorry for my multiple questions!
I am trying to understand the internal threading mechanism of the Snmp
mechanism.  I want to make an SNMP object to send multiple get requests
(using the same instace- for loop) and the asynchronously wait for the
replies. How can I make the whole thing last for a certain period
I mean while sending the snmp object receives the requests I want to
keep it alive for another 5 seconds. So ..I have 5 seconds to send my
commands and if I complete this task early ..wait.
If I put everytjing on a thread and at some point I call the running
thread wait() it seems the snmp object does not receive anything!

Any tips?

Thanks