[SNMP4J] Re: about MIB-II support in snmp4j

Rory Marquis roridge at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 11:57:07 CET 2006

Bhushan,

The simple answer is Yes. With SNMP4J you can create an SNMP Agent. There is
no reason why you should not create an Agent with this package to support
any MIB definition you like.

Here is the UML diagram:
http://www.snmp4j.org/agent/design/SNMP4JAgentAPI-ClassOverview_1_0.gif

And the agent is avaliable for download here:
http://www.snmp4j.org/html/download.html

N.B. Other than the commercial value, I am unsure of the major functional
differences between SNMP4J Agent, and AgentX. I assume that AgentX will have
a better defined more functional API? Frank would be able to provide more
detail regarding the difference.

Happy development

Rory