[SNMP4J] Re: about MIB-II support in snmp4j

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Nov 29 12:46:02 CET 2006

Hi Bhushan,

With SNMP4J-Agent you can create a SNMP agent
for any set of MIBs you want. However, if you
need to access OS specific data, then you
probably have to either write that code in
a native language like C/C++ and use it through
JNI in your agent or implement such MIB objects
in an AgentX subagent.

In the latter case you will have then use
SNMP4J-AgentX as master agent.

Please note: The above restrictions are imposed
by the Java language not by SNMP4J(-Agent).