[SNMP4J] String Index of SNMP Table.

Guang Yang guyang at bea.com
Fri Oct 20 05:16:20 CEST 2006

Dears,

I need your great help. It there anyone trying to use the OctetString or
DisplayString as index in SNMP4J Agent?

As we all know the String index is decoded to x.x.x.x format as well in
SNMP, however, it seems a bit difficult for me to un-decode the index
back to a read-able string, it seems I am missing to find this kind of
API. In principle I hope the class CellInfo could make this work.

Is there anybody could give me a hint on how to convert the
DisplayString based index back into java.lang.String? I'd like to write
this kind of API for my implementation. Meanwhile, if there already
exists this kind of implementation in package SNMP4J, I will be very
appreciated if anybody could tell me. :-)

Thanks and best regards,

Grant.

Grant Yang)

BEA Telecommunication Technique Center