[SNMP4J] I: Code Generation

Rododendro Ivan ivan.rododendro at italtel-consultant.com
Thu Sep 7 17:44:56 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm using the latest versions of SNMP4J Agent and SNMP4J, 1.0 and 1.7.5 respectevely.

When generating agent code with Agenpro 2.5.1 and its templates, I got the two following errors when building java code:

"The literal 4294967295 of type int is out of range" on generated code

private void createTestLemfEntry() {
    MOColumn[] testLemfEntryColumns = new MOColumn[9];
    testLemfEntryColumns[idxIndex] =
      new MOMutableColumn(colIndex,
                          SMIConstants.SYNTAX_GAUGE32,
                          moFactory.createAccess(MOAccessImpl.ACCESSIBLE_FOR_READ_CREATE),
                          null);
    ValueConstraint indexVC = new ConstraintsImpl();
    ((ConstraintsImpl)indexVC).add(new Constraint(0, 4294967295));

And

"The return type is incompatible with DefaultMOMutableRow2PC.getIndex()" on generated code

public UnsignedInteger32 getIndex() {
   return (UnsignedInteger32) getValue(idxIndex);
}

The generation code fram the same MIB with previous version of libraries and agenpro was correct.

Thank you.
Ivan