[SNMP4J] Using MAC Address as an index

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Tue Apr 3 20:24:49 CEST 2007

Hi Eugene,

Do you refer to the following TC definition?

MacAddress ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
         DISPLAY-HINT "1x:"
         STATUS  current
         DESCRIPTION
                 "Represents an 802 MAC address represented in the
                 `canonical' order defined by IEEE 802.1a, i.e., as if it
                 were transmitted least significant bit first, even though
                 802.5 (in contrast to other 802.x protocols) requires MAC
                 addresses to be transmitted most significant bit first."
         SYNTAX OCTET STRING (SIZE (6))

If yes, the index value must have exactly 6 sub-identifiers.