[SNMP4J] Fedora disk OID

RobertoBouza at bayviewfinancial.com RobertoBouza at bayviewfinancial.com
Thu Apr 5 20:54:29 CEST 2007

That's it.

I even change the code to GETNEXT and it got it without using the suffix.

Thank you very much for your help.

---
Roberto Bouza
Middle Tier Administrator II
Bayview Financial, L.P.
4425 Ponce de Leon Blvd, 2nd Floor
Coral Gables, FL 33146
Ph. 305-644-2550

Frank Fock <fock at agentpp.com>
04/05/07 02:48 PM

RobertoBouza at bayviewfinancial.com
cc
snmp4j at agentpp.org
Subject
Re: [SNMP4J] Fedora disk OID

Hello Roberto,

You are missing the index suffix which seems to be .1
in your case. Thus try
1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.2.1
instead of
1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.2

The NET-SNMP probably issues a GETNEXT after it gets a
noSuchInstance exception.

RobertoBouza at bayviewfinancial.com wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Frank thanks for your help. I figure out the problem and it was this
line

> pdu.setContextEngineID(new OctetString("0x80001f88803d4bf37386c41346"));
>
> I removed it, so it's using the default value and it works.
>
> Now I have another question. When I query systems OIDs (usign the
> snmp4j_tool not using my java class) it works perfect. Now when I use
the
> Fedora custom OIDs like:
>
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.2
>
> Which refers to the path of the disk 1 I get:
>
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.2 = noSuchInstance
>
> If I use snmpget on linux I get:
>
> UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPath.1 = STRING: /
>
> Do I need to do something special for this kind of OIDs?
>
> Thank you.
>
> ---
> Roberto Bouza
> Middle Tier Administrator II
> Bayview Financial, L.P.
> 4425 Ponce de Leon Blvd, 2nd Floor
> Coral Gables, FL 33146
> Ph. 305-644-2550
>

> Frank Fock <fock at agentpp.com>
> Sent by: snmp4j-bounces at agentpp.org
> 04/05/07 01:49 AM

> RobertoBouza at bayviewfinancial.com
> cc
> snmp4j at agentpp.org
> Subject
> Re: [SNMP4J] (no subject) IpAddress vs. UdpAddress
>

> Hi,
>
> You cannot communicate with an IpAddress as communication
> endpoint. You need either an UdpAddress (default) or
> a TcpAddress. IP is a network protocol, whereas UDP and TCP
> are transport protocols.

> RobertoBouza at bayviewfinancial.com wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I'm getting this Exception:
>>
>> org.snmp4j.transport.UnsupportedAddressClassException: Unsupported
> address
>> class (transport mapping): org.snmp4j.smi.IpAddress
>>
>> I'm pretty new to SNMP and developing using SNMP4J. I just want to make

>> SNMP get of an OID variable from a server and I get this error when the

>> send methos is called on the snmp class. Here is the code:
>>
>> Any help would be really appreciated.
>>
>> ###########
>>
>> public class GetMIBValue {
>>
>>         public static void  main(String arg[]) {
>>
>>                 try {
>>
>>                 TransportMapping transport = new
>> DefaultTcpTransportMapping();
>>                 Snmp snmp = new Snmp(transport);
>>
>>                 // Since we are using SNMPv3 we use authenticated users

>> this is handled by the UsmUser and USM class
>>                 UsmUser uu = new UsmUser(new
OctetString("ssnmpreader"),