[SNMP4J] Facing pblm in sending SNMP traps to NNM ( hp_unix snmp manager )

kiran kumar meetkiran17 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:17:02 CEST 2007

Hi Friends,

I am using SNMP4J to send SNMP trap messages to NNM(unix). I am facing some
problems.

snmptrap -p 162  localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.11.14.1.1 localhost 6 1 123
here   6 - specifies Generic type
       1 - specified Specific type
       123  -- is time stamp.

but these parameters I am not able to find how to set them in my code using
snmp4j.

i am trying to send traps through command line on same NNM box :

Note: But with the same piece of code when I try Advanet Manager (trap
viewer) Messages are sending

and able to view in trap viewer.

Please let me know if you used SNMP4J or done some SNMP trapping with any
other Java apis (should be GPL) helps me!

Thanks in advance !

Thanks & Regards
Kiran kumar