[SNMP4J] Context engine IDs

Gibbons, Sean Sean.Gibbons at trueposition.com
Fri Apr 27 17:20:54 CEST 2007

> This is a general SNMP question, not one specific to SNMP4j.  In
> regards to context engine IDs, lets say that a manager sends a set
> request to an agent using snmpv3.  That reply should have the same
> contextEngine information as in the request, right?  I'm not concerned
> with what a contextengineID is actually used for as I'm building a
> simulator and won't be caring about specific snmp behavior and access
> control to the mib, I just need to make sure the manager gets what it
> expects to get.

Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipients named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender of that fact and delete the e-mail from your system.