[SNMP4J] SNMP4J Agent Trap Notification

jeya.petro.peter at accenture.com jeya.petro.peter at accenture.com
Tue Apr 24 11:56:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

            I have successfully created snmp agent (SGFAgent) and
manager (SGFManager). Also, tested the same using the test program. I am
not able to understand, abt sending trap messages. Since, trap messages
are sent by an Agent to a Manager, how to test trap message scenario.

            As per my understanding, the flow is like this :-

-          We set / get value of some attribute in the agent

-          Agent generates some notification and sends trap message to
the manager, which is running on different port.

Regards,

Petro Peter

Accenture - Web Services & Integration Capability

Direct - +91-22-40443617 | AIM - jeyapetro | Yahoo - petro.peter | Gmail
- petro.peter

You must be the change you wish to see - Mahatma Gandhi