[SNMP4J] SNMP help

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Tue Aug 21 19:39:35 CEST 2007

Hi Bryan,

JMX (by now) does not support two-phase-commit. That's
why it cannot be used to build an adapter for SNMP
on top of it, if write access is required. "Cannot"
in this context means, that such an adapter may fulfill
the SNMP standard not in all aspects. Whether or not
such an adapter will fulfill the requirements of SNMP
will depend on the particular managed objects (MBeans).