[SNMP4J] Running TestAgent with SNMPv2c

Eugene R. Snider gene at cvtt.net
Sat Dec 1 18:05:26 CET 2007

The only change I found necessary to work well in a v2c environment was
to modify the notification originator and make the following change in
the agent class. It may not be elegant but it works.

I've attached the V2CNoificationOriginator class I used. I simply took
the existing originator and removed everything that wasn't v2c. The
traps have been tested with a variety of managers including openView and
unleashedSNMP with success.

I experienced no challenges with the agent responding to v2c managers.

Gene

        /*
        notificationOriginator = new NotificationOriginatorImpl(session,
                vacmMIB, snmpv2MIB.getSysUpTime(), snmpTargetMIB,
                snmpNotificationMIB);
        */
        notificationOriginator = new V2CNotificationOriginator(session,