[SNMP4J] Community String Indexing

UmaShanker Sivagurunathan usivagur at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 17:02:26 CET 2007

Hi,

  For querying the bridge MIB we use the community indexing.
  (ie., For SNMP v2, we use the community as community at vlanid
  for SNMP v3, we need to set the context to vlan-vlanid)

  I do not see any API to set the context for querying the bridge MIB
  using SNMP v3.

  Can you please let me know if any SNMP library is available for this?

  This is required to query the dot1dTpFdbTable MIB table using
SNMP v3 for different VLANs.  Hence to query for different
VLAN the context has to be set.

  Would be grateful if you give an example code to poll dot1dTpFdbTable MIB using SNMP4J.

  Thanks in Advance
  UmaShanker