[SNMP4J] Is there a simple sample Agent program for beginners?

xsong at profilium.com xsong at profilium.com
Fri Feb 16 17:54:55 CET 2007

Hi,

I am new for snmp, just have some concepts. Is there a sample Agent program for beginners?

To my understanding, the Agent should be able to maintain a MIB, and pass the messages in the MIB to other agents(am I right?) and NMS. From the samples provided by SNMP4J, I understand how to send and receive messages, while I am still confused with the MIB. There are so many MIBs defined by the SNMP4J API (that sort of lack the descriptions of the classes). Which MIB should I use? if I just want to develope a simple agent.  I checked the TestAgent.class, still can not figure out how to set up a MIB, register the MOs to the MIB, and change the OID values in the MIB.

Thanks in advance.

Xinxin