[SNMP4J] Threads are being blocked in snmp4j 1.8 RC1

varma datla varmakdatla at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 16:39:53 CET 2007

Hi Frank,
I am using the snmp4j 1.8 RC1 library (multi-threaded, synchronous) in a tomcat application with 250 threads. Also using 3 retries and 500,1000,5000 as timeouts per request.
After a while, the whole application is blocked and  doing nothing. A JConsole lookup revealed that all the threads are waiting on org.snmp4j.Snmp$SyncResponseListener class.

Any ideas?

JConsole  output:

Name: pool-1-thread-1
State: WAITING on org.snmp4j.Snmp$SyncResponseListener at 676bc7
Total blocked: 7,546  Total waited: 127,560

Stack trace:
java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:474)
org.snmp4j.Snmp.send(Unknown Source)
org.snmp4j.Snmp.send(Unknown Source)

Thank you and I appreciate any suggestions to overcome this problem.

Varma