[SNMP4J] GenericAddress.parse(String) doesn't comply with IP standards?

Rory Marquis roridge at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 17:09:36 CET 2007

Hi

Have been having a problem with my SNMP manager app for a few days now and
just tracked it down, to when I'm calling
GenericAddress.parse("udp:192.168.0.0132/161");

The function doesn't work with Octal values, so when returning the IP
address is will be 192.168.0.132 instead of 192.168.0.90.

Oddly though it works with Hex values, just not Octal.

Is there any chance of a fix for this to comply, or should i pre-parse all
my IP addresses into decimal first?

Thanks
Rory