[SNMP4J] VariableBinding XML serialization not supported

Pavel Orehov pavel.orehov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 07:10:46 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am working with snmp4j 1.8.2 version and I get an error message when
trying to serialize PDUv1 to XML - "OperationNotSupported for SNMPv1 PDUs
Continuing ...". However I see that PDU is serialized without
VariableBinding[]. So I understand that VariableBinding[] not supported for
XMl serialization.

Are you planning to add this feature for full XML serialization if PDU ?

If not why ? Is there are some difficult problems that I don't see now ?

Thanks,
Pavel