[SNMP4J] Table rows changing rapidly

Jason Grant jasong at utiba.com
Thu Jul 26 03:19:06 CEST 2007

I need to provide read-only access to data that I intend to represent as
a table and where the number of rows will be varying with time.

To cater for this, I was intending to implement a MOTableModel subclass
that queries the underlying data to provide Iterators, rowCount,
lastIndex, lastRow, etc., based on the data found at the time of the query.

However, when I implement the MOTableModel interface, it is clear that
anomalies will result.  For example, if I return an Iterator based on a
"snapshot" of the data, then a prior/subsequent call to, say,
getRowCount() probably won't correspond to the number of elements in the
iterator.

Will SNMP4J cope with such an implementation?   Is there a better
implementation approach to cater for a rapidly changing table?

Thanks for any tips,

Jason.

Utiba Pty Ltd
dangerous content by Utiba mail server and is
believed to be clean.