[SNMP4J] 1 sec to send a pdu with SnmpRequest

Jason Grant jasong at utiba.com
Fri Jul 27 09:03:17 CEST 2007

I've written my test routines to confirm proper operation of my agent by
sending PDUs using org.snmp4j.tools.console.SnmpRequest.  Unfortunately,
the send method of this class is taking over 1 second to transmit and
receive a response, making table traversal very slow.  I have not
profiled this class, nor the agent, which is based on TestAgent.

I'm a little concerned that the bottleneck may be in the agent itself,
rather than the client.  Tips about how to reduce the latency would be
appreciated, since if the sluggishness is in the agent, it may be a
little slow to use in our production environment.

Thanks,

Jason.

Utiba Pty Ltd
dangerous content by Utiba mail server and is
believed to be clean.