[SNMP4J] How To Experience SNMPHeartMib traps

Nivedita Gummadi nivedita.gummadi at qvantel.com
Fri Jul 27 14:26:46 CEST 2007

Hi,

I’m new to trap/notification implementation

I have tested the test agent with SNMPHeartMib with set and get requests for
both scalar and tabular objects.

Now I want to work with notifications.

I was able to see the cold traps generated by the testagent with
SNMPHeartMib, but got structed when want to experience the traps on
“snmp4jAgentHBControlEvents”.

Through some posts in this I gathered some information that we need to call
the notify method and pass the snmp4jAgentHBControlEvents OID to that .

But where do we actually call that method ?

Do we need to change/add  anything in the mib ?? I have already populated
the table in the Mib file .. any additional changes required?

Suggest me….

Thanks in advance.

Niv.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.