[SNMP4J] How to send notifications and traps

Vinayagam Natarajan vinayagam84 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 14:51:03 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I am designing a customized agent for our mib. Our mib
is v2c complaint, so we need to send traps for some
critical situations and notification for some of the
normal situations. I added traps and notifications in
TargetMIB's TargetAddress as shown below

String sIPAddress = destAddr + "/" +
FarmerImpl.snmpTrapPort;

      String temp = destAddr + "/" + "trap";

      agent.getSnmpTargetMIB().addTargetAddress(new
OctetString(temp),
TransportDomains.transportDomainUdpIpv4,

            new OctetString(new
UdpAddress(sIPAddress).getValue()), 200, 1, new
OctetString("trap"),

            new OctetString("v1"),
StorageType.permanent);

      temp = destAddr + "/" + "inform";

      agent.getSnmpTargetMIB().addTargetAddress(new
OctetString(temp),
TransportDomains.transportDomainUdpIpv4,

            new OctetString(new
UdpAddress(sIPAddress).getValue()), 200, 1, new
OctetString("inform"),

            new OctetString("v2c"),
StorageType.permanent);

so i m getting both traps and notifications for each
and every trap and also for each and every
notification. Is there a way to send only
traps/notifications at a time but need to regsiter for
both?

Thanks in advance
Vinayagam