[SNMP4J] securityName argument of SnmpTargetMIB.addTargetParams()

Kanda Norimichi nkanda at fsi.co.jp
Wed Mar 28 05:05:39 CEST 2007

Dear Mr. Fock:

I am Kanda and I work at Fujisoft.

Near 355th line in TestProxy shown in E-mail of March 20: "How to use ProxyForwarder",
securityName argument was set communityName
at SnmpTargetMIB.addTargetParams() was called.
----
    getSnmpTargetMIB().addTargetParams(
        snmpTargetParamsName,
        MessageProcessingModel.MPv1,
        SecurityModel.SECURITY_MODEL_SNMPv1,
>>      communityName,
        SecurityLevel.NOAUTH_NOPRIV,
        StorageType.volatile_);
----
I changed securityName argument to securityName and tried,
then securityName was set community-name field of forwarded message(GetNext)
directly.

Similarly, I created TestProxy for SNMPv3 Agent and tried,
then securityName was set msgUserName field directly.

What should I set securityName argument of SnmpTargetMIB.addTargetParams()?

For your information, I found the following at 377th line in USM.java,
is it no problem?
----
      usmSecurityParams.setAuthenticationKey(user.getAuthenticationKey());
      usmSecurityParams.setPrivacyKey(user.getPrivacyKey());
>>    usmSecurityParams.setUserName(user.getUsmUser().getSecurityName());
      usmSecurityParams.setAuthoritativeEngineID(secEngineID.getValue());
    }
----

Sincerely.

Norimichi Kanda