[SNMP4J] AgentX

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Mon May 7 23:55:53 CEST 2007

Hello Ron,

Currently there is now HowTo for migrating a SNMP4J-Agent
to a SNMP4J-AgentX subagent. This is one of the next things
to come. A brief description of the recommended steps is:

(1) Drop any USM, VACM and boot counter support.
(2) Drop any SNMP framework MIB support.
(3) Drop the SNMP-TARGET-MIB and SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB support.
(4) Replace the NotificationOriginator used by your SNMP4J-Agent
by the AgentXSubagent instance.
(5) Assign the MOServer you use to register/unregister your
(6) Implement code that is necessary to handle AgentX connection
state changes (i.e., connection close by master).
ManagedObjects to your AgentXSubagent instance.
[7] For tables that are shared by several sub-agents, implement
index allocation and other elements necessary for AgentX shared
tables.