[SNMP4J] Different restult with different maxRepetitons

Daniel Gyorfi gd425 at hszk.bme.hu
Tue May 22 11:23:50 CEST 2007

Hi all, Hi Frank!

I'm using the library's getDenseTable and getTable methods to get
values from a table.
I'm testing it on different switches and they return different results
(not the values, but e.g. rows with "null") on the same mib table.

I tried to configure the getTable with the maxRepetitions value and
found out that the result is different with different maxRepetitions.
With 6 is good, but with 10 (which is also used in SnmpRequest i
think) is return the table with lots of "null" rows, but it still
depends on the type of the switch.

Can you give a verbose advice about when to use getTable and
getDenseTable and about how to use their maxRepetitions.

Many Thanks,
Daniel

PS: I know that maxRep is used by GETBULK, and how that works.

--
Daniel Gyorfi
xn--gyrfidniel-x4a35k

--