[SNMP4J] v2c agent

nidhin nidhingj at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 01:41:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

  As per RFC 3416,

   The GetRequest-PDU

   A GetRequest-PDU is generated and transmitted at the request of an
   application.

   Upon receipt of a GetRequest-PDU, the receiving SNMP entity processes
   each variable binding in the variable-binding list to produce a
   Response-PDU.  All fields of the Response-PDU have the same values as
   the corresponding fields of the received request except as indicated
   below.  Each variable binding is processed as follows:

   (1)   If the variable binding's name exactly matches the name of a
         variable accessible by this request, then the variable
         binding's value field is set to the value of the named
         variable.

   (2)   Otherwise, if the variable binding's name does not have an
         OBJECT IDENTIFIER prefix which exactly matches the OBJECT
         IDENTIFIER prefix of any (potential) variable accessible by
         this request, then its value field is set to "noSuchObject".

   (3)   Otherwise, the variable binding's value field is set to
         "noSuchInstance".

Point (2) to be noted.

  Regards
  Nidhin

Frank Fock <fock at agentpp.com> wrote:
  Hi Nidhin,

OK, but this is the expected result, since snmpTargetAddrEntry
is a registered ManagedObject of the TestAgent.
Can you reproduce it with an OID for which no registration
exists in the path to the root OID?