[SNMP4J] Get next/bulk responses

Gibbons, Sean Sean.Gibbons at trueposition.com
Wed May 30 21:06:02 CEST 2007

This is just a general SNMP question (again).  Since I'm only simulating
snmp behavior, I'm not using the snmp4j agent or anything to handle the
objects and requests, so I need to make sure I'm forming the appropriate
response.

Suppose I have the following, and only the following, stored in memory:

tpCpu1Temp.1 = 45
tpCpu1Temp.2 = 46
tpCpu1Temp.3 = 47
tpCpu1Temp.4 = 48
tpCpu2Temp.1 = 49
tpCpu2Temp.2 = 50
tpCpu2Temp.3 = 51
tpCpu2Temp.4 = 52

Where the oid for tpCpu2Temp is lexographically higher than tpCpu1Temp.

A couple quick questions.

For a getnext request for tpCpu1Temp.4, I'd return tpCpu2Temp.1,
correct?

For a getbulk where nonrepeaters = 0, maxreps =3 and received oids are
tpCpu1Temp.3 and tpCpu2Temp.1

Would the oids of the response be:

tpCpu1Temp.4
tpCpu2Temp.2
tpCpu2Temp.1
tpCpu2Temp.3
tpCpu2Temp.2
tpCpu2Temp.4

?  Or would it be a different set (not repeating tpCpu2Temp.2 for
example)?

Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipients named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender of that fact and delete the e-mail from your system.