[SNMP4J] Strange problem with SnmpV3 traps.

Xinxin Song xsong at profilium.com
Thu Nov 1 18:19:40 CET 2007

Hi Frank,

I wrote a class SnmpAgentV3.java (singletion), actually it is not really a
Snmp agent cause its main function is to send V3 traps.  And I wrote a class
SnmpV3Receiver.java to receive and printout the V3 traps (Please see the
attched files). Then I wrote a SnmpAgentCaller.java to call the SnmpAgentV3
to send out V3 traps in different ways.

The strange problem is: If I get a instance of SnmpAgentV3.java then use it
to send a few traps then close it and re-get the same instance and then send
another few V3 traps, I can repeat this close and re-opening thing for a few
times, and the SnmpV3Receiver shows all the traps. But after 4-6 rounds (in
a few minutes), the SnmpV3Receiver stops showing anything altough the
SnmpAgentCaller is still keeping sending traps.  If I don't close the
instance and use the same instance to send V3 traps, I can do it without
problem for one hour.

Have I done anything incorrectly there?

Thanks,
Xinxin