[SNMP4J] Memory Leak in SNMP4J (listening for traps)

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Sat Nov 10 22:15:32 CET 2007

Gene,

I am asking because runtime-compilation can increase
the memory used by a JVM (to store the compiled code).
The other aspect is, that the JVM caches some static data
(charset information etc.).

If the JVM's memory is not exhausted, then the JVM could
decide to not collect unused memory which can result
in increased memory consumption at OS level.