[SNMP4J] About coexistenceInfo

Kanda Norimichi nkanda at fsi.co.jp
Thu Oct 18 05:16:41 CEST 2007

Dear Mr. Fock:

I'm making the NMS which manage multiple SNMPv2c Agent, now.
And, I hope the NMS forward Trap from Agent to another NMS using
ForwardProxy.

But, when I register the second Agent on NMS, Trap from the first Agent
couldn't be forwarded.
I traced and found that in org.snmp4j.agent.CommandProcessor 95th line,
result of coexistenceProvider.getCoexistenceInfo() is absolutely the second
Agent information.
So, forwarding absolutely fails at coexistenceProvider.passesFilter() in
97th line.

I traced more, when I register the second Agent which has same
CommunityName,
the first Agent information in SnmpCommunityMIB.coexistenceInfo was
overwritten by the second Agent information.
I think that by right, it should be managed by CommunityName & PeerAddress.

Could you tell me how would you think about it ?

Sincerely.

Norimichi Kanda