Sending real data [was Re: [SNMP4J] Newbie Agent help please]

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Fri Oct 26 20:41:31 CEST 2007

Yes, you need the generated MIB module code for your
custom MIB(s) too. The AGENTPP-SIMULATION-MIB is for
controlling the "simulation" alone.

Most people implement "real" agents, although there is
also a need for simulation agents, especially if the
development of the real agent takes some time and
others (those that implement the management part)
cannot wait until the real agent is finished.

Cheers,
Frank