[SNMP4J] Agent for a new Mib

dhay at lexmark.com dhay at lexmark.com
Mon Oct 29 17:29:06 CET 2007

Just did a similar thing...

1) Generate the appropriate Java code for your MIB.  You can use AgenPro
to do this.  Make sure your MIB is SMIv2!
2) Take the TestAgent in SNMPJ Agent, and tailor it to your needs.  At
minimum you'll need to create and load your MIB.

Let me know if I can help any more...

cheers,

David

nevadita chatterjee <chatterjee_nevadita at yahoo.co.in>
Sent by: snmp4j-bounces at agentpp.org
10/29/2007 12:52 AM

SNMP4J <snmp4j at agentpp.org>
cc

Subject
[SNMP4J] Agent for a new Mib

Hi All,
I am new to Snmp4j. I want to develop a SNMP4j agent for my own MIB, such
that it can respond to the NMS get and set commands. I have looked at the
TestAgent.java code for SNMP4j, can someone clearly tell me the steps I
need to follow to devlop my new agent. Please help me as it is very
necessary for my project.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Nevadita