[SNMP4J] Request for more detail in error logging scenario

Smith, Gary Gary.Smith at flukenetworks.com
Thu Dec 11 09:18:39 CET 2008

Hi Frank

I'm using 1.9.3c with SNMPv3.  In a situation where (as far as I am
aware) I get a timeout on my first request and have to retry, I may
eventually get a reply to that first request but its MsgID is no longer
in the cache, so an error results.  All well and good.

However, under SNMPv3, MPv3.prepareDataElements(...) will return
SNMP_MP_UNKNOWN_MSGID which will ultimately be communicated to the user
via a call to (at line 302 in MessageDispatcherImpl):

logger.warn(statusInfo.toString());

Unfortunately this comes out in the log as merely "WARN: noError".

Can that logger call above be updated to include the status variable
value too?

Many thanks

Gary

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or
re-transmit this email.  If you have received this email in error,
please notify us by email by replying to the sender and by telephone
(call us collect at +1 202-828-0850) and delete this message and any
attachments.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

In addition, Danaher and its subsidiaries disclaim that the content of
this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of,
any
contract or agreement or any amendment thereto; provided that the
foregoing disclaimer does not invalidate the binding effect of any
digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is
included in any attachment to this email.