[SNMP4J] IOException in DefaultUDPTransportMapping

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Fri Dec 19 18:05:48 CET 2008

Hi Shenaz,

The AdventNet browser does not handle this correctly.
It should not process an incorrectly encoded SNMP
packet although it may be valid BER (where length > 32bit
are allowed).

If the client cannot be convinced that the agent bug
needs to be fixed you could implement a workaround
by changing the BER decoding of SNMP4J. However, if you
do that, you can run into DoS issues when SNMP4J tries
to process such long lengths.