[SNMP4J] Need Clarification on getBulk

shankar rao shankar627 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 11 06:36:53 CET 2008

Hi all

I have read documents on SNMP. But I am not able to understand some of the fields in SNMPV2 getBulk packet like Max-Repetitions, Non-Repetitions and the usage of requestID. Can anyone explain the use of the above when programming.

thanks & regards
shankar

Frank Fock <fock at agentpp.com> wrote: Hi Jothi,

The engine ID is sent with the trap, that's all.
(Note: The trap sender is authoritative - for INFORMs
however, the request receiver is authoritative.)