[SNMP4J] Is it possible to send unacknowledged SET PDUs?

Angelo Dipierro angelo at omniacom.it
Mon Feb 11 16:19:30 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm currently using SNMP4j inside an application running under tomcat, and
in some circumstances I need to send single SET PDU to a large number of
targets on a best effort basis, i.e. I'm non interested in receiving a
confirmation/timeout for each SET.

Would sending the requests asynchronously specifying a null ResponseListener
object work or would it leak memory as an effect of not canceling requests?
Should I just pass a "global" response listener that would do nothing but
cancel requests? Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Angelo.
Angelo Dipierro - angelo at omniacom.it

"I love deadlines. I especially love the swooshing sounds
  they make as they fly by." [Douglas Adams]