[SNMP4J] snmp agent simulator

Padala padala456 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 18:43:51 CET 2008

Hi

  I want to Develop snmp agent simulator. I know about snmp operations and functions.I would like to use snmp4j agent API for  my simulator.  I have two approaches in my mind.
  first if i get a free source MIB compiler i would prfer this approach, secondly I want to use MIB equivalent xml file(that is read from a real agent) in my Simulator.

  1.Could any one suggest me to any MIB compiler that can generate java stub code to use with this SNMP4j agent?

  2. I do not know exactly whether i can use this xml file(Virtual MIB) with snmp4j agent.Can any one suggest me how to approach if i want to use xml file(v) as a MIB?

  Thank you in advance and It will be a great help for me.

  Sai